Where Are You Now? #1
This is the first in a series of scenarios described to help you find where you are and how you might benefit from a little professional mentoring.
You just got laid off and you're thinking about starting your own business...
- But, you don't know if working for yourself is something that fits your personality
- You're not sure how feasible your business idea is.
- You may not have a clear business idea.
- How much will it cost?
- What? In this economy????
#1 is really about temperament, isn't it? Everyone's personality needs a little objective observation from someone like myself, but I'll give you some guidelines to think about:
- Do you feel most comfortable with an office to go to and a regular check?
- Do you feel most comfortable working in a team member or a leader?
- Are you curious?
- Do you do well in interviews?
- Do you know someone well who works for themselves?
- Do you know what you want your day to look like/feel like?
Working for yourself if you have it in you can be a great adventure. Learn to separate your fears from your actual nature and what makes you tick.
Keep reading as I move through the different phases or deciding whether or not to strike out on your own!