What I've Learned Lately
Yes, this blog is still active and I am still active as a consultant as well. I've been spending more time on the finance side of life these days and that's just fine. The pendulum swings again.
I hope that everyone has had a chance to get away from the usual routine this Summer. Travel is my favorite way to gain perspective. Whether you live in the city or the country, they way you do business is very much influenced by your immediate environment. Taking a break can give your brain a wake-up call to think of new possibilities. I do some of my best thinking on trains.
I'm heading back for Portland in a few weeks and these were some of my thoughts as I was taking the train back from my apartment hunting trip:
- Be proactive. If you see a trend, be prepared to hop on it before it's too late.
- Stay up to date on new technology. It can be a bit hard to play catch up.
- Don't be shy about connecting with old colleagues. That's what social media is for.
- Stay open minded. You may have to shift gears quickly and holding onto old ideas will really slow you down.
- And conversely, don't hop onto the newest thing just because it's new and shiny!